Our User Generated Content Policy
Last updated: 24 April 2023
1. This Policy and your acceptance
If you do not agree to these terms and policies, you must not use our Websites or Platform or submit any Content to or via the Websites or Platform.
References to a “person” shall include any individual, body corporate, association, partnership, firm, trust, organisation, joint venture, government, local or municipal authority.
2. Your Content
All Content submitted to our Websites or Platform by you (or on your behalf) via your Individual User account, Authorised User account or on a Business Page, includes without limitation, your name, email address, biographical information and all other names, usernames, pseudonyms, text, likenesses, graphics, logos, marks, images, photographs, code, psychometric test answers and results, and all other information and material.
Publication of your Content will be at our sole discretion and we and/or your employer or prospective employer (our Customer) are entitled but not obliged to make additions or deletions to your Content prior to publication, after publication or to refuse publication.
Please note, any Content you upload or create on the Platform will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
3. Content standards
- Be accurate (where it states facts);
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- Comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances, rules or regulations.
Content must not:
- Be defamatory of any person, including anyone you work with or our Customer;
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate anyone, including anyone you work with or our Customer;
- Promote sexually explicit material; Include child sexual abuse material;
- Promote violence; Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Promote any illegal content or activity;
- Be in contempt of court;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Give the impression that the Content emanates from Vizzy or any other person if this is not the case;
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism;
- Contain any advertising or promote any services, products or web links to other sites, except in the case of a Customer, to their website or careers page.
For the avoidance of doubt, for any Content in the form of video content:
- You must tell us immediately, if you upload a video containing any of the following: criminal material (relating to terrorism, sexual exploitation of children, child pornography, racism and xenophobia), unclassified or unclassifiable videos, videos rated R18 or suitable for R18 rating and other material that might impair the physical, mental or moral development of persons under the age of 18 (restricted material); and
- You must not upload a video containing harmful material.
4. Breach of this User Generated Content Policy
When we consider that a breach of this User Generated Content Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including reporting to your employer or prospective employer (our Customer).
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Websites and/or Platform;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Content uploaded by you to our Platform, including Profiles and/or Business Pages;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Notify the relevant Customer to which you are an Authorised User of, as the case may be, that you have breached this User Generated Content Policy;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you; and/or
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this User Generated Content Policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
5. Changes to this User Generated Content Policy
We may change this User Generated Content Policy from time to time, in which case an up to date version will be available via the Websites and/or our Platform. You should check this User Generated Content Policy regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. You will be deemed to have accepted any changes to this User Generated Content Policy after you have been notified of the changes on our Websites and/or Platform and/ or if you continue to access or use the Websites or Platform, where the updated User Generated Content Policy will be available for you to view.